Thursday, July 29, 2010

How is your husband/partner a great Dad?

I'm looking for positive responses. There are many questions that are so negative - Why does he do this? What do you wish he would do? - I'm looking for answers that will make me smile.


What does he do for you and the children that makes you say he's a good (or great) dad? What do/could you do to show that you appreciate him?How is your husband/partner a great Dad?
I think my partner is great as I am pregnant with our 2nd child and having a rough time at the moment - so not only does he do a 6 am - till 7 pm work day Mon to Fri - but he comes home, cooks, cleans, washes up, looks after our 3 yr old, does the washing and ironing, and now more recently (as I am suffering from hyperemisis - extereme sickness) will even clean my sick buckets out and rub my back when i'm throwing up!!!!


He is a great dad - as he talks to our son on the phone whenever he can during the day, he makes a point of reading him his bedtime story and always choses to stay home with our son rather than go out with his matesHow is your husband/partner a great Dad?
oh sorry you wanted positive answers.mine does nothing except sit and drink beer on the weekends. im lucky he gets off the couch to go to the bathroom
I know you're looking for answers from women but here's the ';dad's perspective';.





1. Let her sleep in while he makes breakfast for everyone. Sometimes breakfast in bed.


2. Takes the kids out to the mall, park... when she says she' tired and needs a break.


3. Encourage her to go out with friends once in a while.


4. Setup a ';puppet'; theatre for the kids and make the laugh.


5. Organize a day at the beach, or the museum...


6. Never forget that she's the reason you have kids in the first place.


7. Never forget anniversaries, birthdays... (you don' have to have kids for this one!)





I appreciate the same things. All in all it boils down to being able to spend time alone wit eachother and the family. It's about balancing life for everyone (including eachother).





Sometimes I just like to relax and watch TV or play video games (I'm 33 and we have a 3.5 year old and another on the way).





Marc
My husband is a great dad. Our work schedules are different from each other right now, I have to leave the house in the morning at 8 am to go to work, I see our oldest off to school about 7:15, then get the babies up for breakfast. My husband works from 4 to midnight, but he still gets up every morning to take care of the little guys when I have to leave. He spends the day with them, plays with them, bathes them, feeds them, all that. I love to see him with our boys, they all love each other very much.
everyone has two sides ,one that evrybody feel confortable with ,and one they complaint about .my point is , no one is perfect .my husband is very care about my children health and education ,something i apprecieted so much.he always check their teacher to make sure is everything is ok at school ,he also help them with their homeworks.when they are sick he bring them to the hospital .i have nothing to complain about his attention for his family especialy his children ,in fact i don;t need more from himbecause he really help me with the children
per our divorce decree, I appreciate my child's father taking him when he is suppose to





have a happy sunny day
When our daughter was first born, I had to have a c-section, so I couldnt move around too good, he got up with her and fed her when she got up, changed her diaper and helped me alot. Now she is 16 1/2 months old and I am the only one working right now so he stays home with her and takes care of her all day, but when he is working as soon as he comes through that door he wants our daughter and she wants him too. But I cook dinner and clean when I get home, and if she ends up waking up in the middle of the night he gets her, and sometimes he lets me sleep in on the weekends, but most of the time she comes in there and wakes me up.
he came home from work this morning and fed the baby for me so i could eat some breakfast and brush my teeth and still get out of the house on time. (he has to work the night crew this week)





he always seems to know when i've hit my limit with him and right before i blow up at him he redeems himself and cleans the house and does the dishes and cooks me dinner. sometimes it makes me mad b/c he took the wind out of my sails, but who can stay mad with a clean house, dinner and clean kitchen??





he gives great hugs and kisses me and tells me how much he loves me...often.





he is willing to go on deployment (he's a marine) for everyone else in the country and still make us feel like we are the most important people in his life.





sure, we get at each other on occasion...but we love each other and we make it work. it's easy to forget that stuff adn take it for granted. i'm lucky b/c i don't have 365 days a year with him, i have less days and so i appreciate them more:)





take care and i hope you smile:)
Wow..my husband took night feedings with both my girls when they were babies. He also helped with bathing and feeding (about half the time). Now they are older but he drives them places and takes them shopping. He actually does more then I do LOL





I am a firm believer that once both parents are home, no matter who has the job..both are responsible for equal parenting. One thing I CANT stand if when a father thinks he is doing his wife a favor by taking care of the kids.
i have been married for 21 years .we have eight fantastic children .my husband is so caring and hard working .he will go with out for the kids .but when he gets in from work and I'm tired he just go in the kitchen put dinner on no questions asked.as many of my friends envy me as he treats me with respect and so loving just sending little texts saying i luv you xx.we may not have the big house big TV but we got the big happy loving family and we all wouldn't change it .
My Hubby stays home with our new born while I go to work. I give him 100% credit because I know how hard that can be and for a man its even harder. He is a great dad and He knows I appreciate hI'm, when im making his dinner every night LOL!!!!
This is a great thread I'm writing this comment last, it is good to see men being men and looking after Mothers and Children and that is why most of you get my rating thumb up!!!





I'm a great dad successive girlfriends have when I look after their children told me, and I think kids are great but much as I would like to have children I have none, not even those I don't know about since I decided that the line of epilepsy that runs through my ancestry and has blighted my life had to stop!





So because, unlike many others who demand their right to have children as if they are some kind of possession, I thought of the rights of the child above and beyond my own!





So I think that makes me a great dad, children have always respected me when I have taken the father role because they see I respect them!





They know that I don't hit them, I don't rant, complain, and scream at them, I get down to their level and respect them as equals and so I get the same back! In times of dispute or when discipline is required I discuss their behaviour with them, discus as in two way dialogue, I don't rebuke them for being bad I discuss what it is about the behaviour I believe to be bad while letting them know that it is not them I am uncomfortable about but the behaviour. I believe that if you tell a child they are good the behaviour is bad it is a less confrontational and negative experience for all and the lessons are retained more readily and in a positive environment.





I am a great dad but sadly no children but the good news is that I haven't had any effect on the population! I'll never be married tho' since you Ladies all want children so it gets kinda lonely! ahhhhhhhhh!
My husband helps to take care of OUR kids. He doesn't mind changing diapers, even if his dad calls him a wuss for it. He keeps them so I can go out once a week by myself, in fact he INSISTS that I go out alone once a week. He plays with the kids, he helps with their baths, he puts them to bed at least once a week and reads stories to them. He tells the kids he loves them and gives them hugs every day.
My husband is a great Husband and Dad because no matter how bad of a day he has had at work, he comes home with a smile and free time for me and the kids.
Your husband is a great dad when he care about the children and he is responsible for teaching them the right things and is able to sustain a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment