Thursday, July 29, 2010

Is something my husband signed going to hold up in court?

So anyway after I had my second unplanned c-section I didn't want to get pregnant again. So I made my husband sign a paper saying that if I got pregnant again (with his child of course) that I would get full custody of all the kids. So my question is, would this hold up during our divorce? (I'm not pregnant, I just want to make sure. ) If it helps we live in Michigan.Is something my husband signed going to hold up in court?
Full custody after seperation, after death, after you give birth? And it depends. You really need to consult an attorney for papers like those to hold up in court. Its really no different than having him sign a bar napkin, just a better quality paper.Is something my husband signed going to hold up in court?
What? My opinion is that contracting for custody of unborn, unplanned children is likely against public policy and so not enforceable. Are you planning a divorce? Have you considered having your tubes tied or having him get a vasectomy? That would solve the issue in a much more final manner.
..you're not serious are you?...you made your husband sign a paper that if you get pregnant you will get full custody of the kids?!!!! Oh my God!! is that the way you intended to punish your husband? for something that BOTH of you do?! why not tight your tubes?! that's better that sign a crazy paper between two ';in love'; people.
Yes
Such a document would be absolutely worthless in a custody hearing. Custody of children is determined a basis of ';the child's best interest';. Hence private or personal agreements are void as against public policy. When you and your husband do divorce, you will enter, along with your divorce agreement, a parenting plan outlining visitation, custody and child support.

No comments:

Post a Comment