Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Can I go with my husband to Korea if he is stationed there?

My future husband is at AIT right now and has been told by many people that he is probably going to South Korea and I've been told that I cannot go with him. Is this true?Can I go with my husband to Korea if he is stationed there?
Depends on his rank and how long he will be there for.Can I go with my husband to Korea if he is stationed there?
It will depend on what base he is assigned to in Korea, some are allowing dependents to come but that means the orders go from 1 year unaccompanied to 3 years accompanied. he needs to go, report in and put in the request to have the orders amended to accompanied if it is allowed. You will then have to do a EFMP screening (medical/dental) to make sure you have do not have conditions that cannot be handled there on base clinics. If approved then you will be allowed to go, you will be limited to what you can bring with you and all the remainder of HHG will go into storage along with your vehicle.
my husband was stationed at Kunsan afb and I went over there to visit him and I toured parts of seoul in which I know there is an army base there (youngson garrison) and that base had families there. Army is different than air force so I don't know if you could or not. I know in the air force if the tour is unaccompanied, then you cant be with them. Also if you are able to its very hard to do an A LOT of paperwork and you have to be married in order for that to ever happen.
NWIP is correct.





Most tours to South Korea are unaccompanied one year tours. But there is a 2-3 year incentive that will allow any rank to go with dependents. You will get payed (I believe and extra $300 a month) to do this and there are DOD schools for children to attend. Talk to you Military Personell flight and they can point you in the correct direction. This is a new program and some do not know about it. But it is possible.
if he gets accompanied orders you can. Korea is granting more accompanied orders overall, but by no means is it guaranteed that he will A even GO and B that he can bring you.
You should be able to. I've heard of entire families following the head-of-household, and my mom's first husband was low-rank, sent to Germany, where she could've gone.
Probably not, you couldn't when I was there and I keep hearing dependents are still not allowed there.
i don't know why unless things have changed. my mom and i went with my dad and my brother was born there!

No comments:

Post a Comment