Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Do you think my cousin is rascist? I am hispanic and my husband is black ?

Basically my husband saw a comment on myspace that she sent out to her white husband and it was a watermelon baby bottle with a black baby with big lips and it said ';niggalac';. My husband is outraged! This is not the first time her and her white husband make racist remarks.What do you think? Is she wrong or is my husband over exaggerating? Do you think my cousin is rascist? I am hispanic and my husband is black ?
That's a pretty low blow, especially since she knew you would be able to see the picture. You husband is probably right to be mad, but make sure he doesn't do anything uncivilized; it will just give her an excuse to spread more hate. Tell him to be the bigger person and not to sink to her level. Do you think my cousin is rascist? I am hispanic and my husband is black ?
I'm going to be devil advocate here and suggest that you try not to be so sensitive.





I'm from England and grew up telling Englishman, Scotsman and Irishman jokes.





My Indian friend grew up telling Indian, Pakistani and Shiek jokes.





My black friend grew up telling white jokes.





None of us were trying to be prejudiced, but it could certainly be taken that way in today's political correctness.





Deal with it, and move on..... or does your husband like being a victim?






Very touchy! I understand your husbands frustration with the picture it seems a bit racist. Problem being is that some people dont really think through their decisions. Mention it to your cousin and wait for her reaction. Let her know that it hurt your feelings and wasn't appreciated!
That seems pretty racist to me. Even if it wasn't the first time, it'd still be wrong and very hurtful. I'd say cut off communication unless necessary but it is your personal situation so good luck! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment