Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My husband is going to have radiofrequency procedure on his back?

starting at L3 4 5,S1. has anyone had success with this,he's not sure he wants to go through this.My husband is going to have radiofrequency procedure on his back?
I'm about to have my left side RF procedure this week; having my right RF previously done earlier this month. I had my first set done early 2004 %26amp; have had it done every year since then. It helps me so much! I have DDD, scoliosis, sciatica, %26amp; bunches of other stuff, %26amp; the RF actually does help me, especially with the sciatica. My PMS doc does my lumbar-facet area, %26amp; I get anywhere from 4-6 small holes in me, which has never scarred. But, the nerves do grow back; for me, anywhere from 6 to 10 mos., depending on how active you are. From what I understand, the nerves can take up to about 2 weeks to die. I take it easy for at least a few days, but, I'm a very slow healer, with a very bad back. I also find that heat helps me much more than the ice cold packs. They give you ice right away to help decrease the swelling. Use an ice pak every few hours the first day, then the next day, switch over to heat if it's more comfortable for him. My husband takes just the one day off for me, then goes back to work the next day, %26amp; I'm fine on my own. A little slow moving at times, but fine! You don't feel anything funky going on inside of you, either. ;-) It's an absolutely tremendous relief for me, and I'd much rather do the RFs than have back surgery; less recuperation time, and not as painful! Hope this helps you, and good luck to y'all! ;-)
  • costume mask
  • blackhead treatment
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment