Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I am 25 and my husband just turned 28. I am on birth control. How long should I be off pills to get pregnant?

We have been married for 3 years and I think I am ready for a baby but don't think he is. Not sure how to get him to want to start trying.I am 25 and my husband just turned 28. I am on birth control. How long should I be off pills to get pregnant?
sometimes after birth control it takes a month for your cycle to return to normal and sometimes it takes a few months





ask your husband to give you a date that he'll be okay with going ahead and trying





if he says a year, i would wait a year and then that gives him lots of time to adjust to what he has said is right for him and it gives you a whole year to eat healthy and get in great shape physically and financially for a baby





good luck!I am 25 and my husband just turned 28. I am on birth control. How long should I be off pills to get pregnant?
You don't need to be off the pills for any minimum amount of time to get pregnant.





';They'; say three months is good--just so you can get your cycle regulated and know about when you ovulated.





But, there is NO risk in trying to get pregnant now--the pill is out of your system within 24 hours of taking it. (Which is why, if you miss a pill, they recommend back up birth control, and why you have to take it every single day except during menstruation.)





You guys are a good ages to get pregnant... to get your hubby interested... maybe just ask him what he thinks about a little junior running around... get a feel for it and tell him you're ';in the mood';... to make a baby!





GOOD LUCK!
You've got 2 questions there...





1) They say to be off the pill for a few months to let your body get back into it's natural swing of things. Whether that matters, I'm not sure. I was on the pill for about 7 years, and waited a few months after getting off it to try.





2) Concerning your hubby - w/ mine, it hit him suddenly. He just said on Valentines Day night - ';What if we had a Valentines Day baby?'; I had been ready, so him saying that was the ultimate green light! Plus, you may think he's not ready - but ask him... does he think so? He might think he's ready but you're reading his signals wrong, or he's sending mixed messages. Open up the lines of communication, and you might be surprised.





Good luck and God Bless!!!
My friend got pregnant a week after stopping the pill. She was on the pill for about 4 yrs. I also had 2 other friends that got pregnant within a month and two after getting off the pill.


Talk to him about it and tell him you really want a baby. If hes ready then go for it. Good Luck!
It all depends on how fertile you are.. Most people will say about 3 months.. But I have a friend you was off for 1 wk.. b'cause she ran out.. and in that week.. she got preggo

No comments:

Post a Comment