Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Has anyone had a husband who has cheated and they have forgiven?

I found out my husband was cheating for a couple of weeks with a lady he has been friends with for 6 years. He says he is just messed up and really wants to be with me. Its only been a week or so - but I just want to know that people can get through it. We have an 18 month daughter - if it wasn't for her, I would probably be gone.Has anyone had a husband who has cheated and they have forgiven?
some people can forgive and go on with the marriage, some can't.people who cheat, cheated for a reason, are they willing to go to therapy, tell the home wrecker right in front of u its over? having a child is no reason to stay with a person ever. its all about what he wants, has he expressed any remorse, or shown he is ready to acknowledge that what he did hurt u? or is it just all about him and what he wants. my first husband kept cheating , coming home and leaving again, i finally had to decide if this was the man i wanted to spend eternity with. i divorced him the home wrecker married him, and got cheated on constantly. don't forgive if he isn't remorseful, or not willing to talk about it.Has anyone had a husband who has cheated and they have forgiven?
I think what the other person said about your daughter being young and not being as affected by it is true. I was about 2 when my parents divorced and I don't remember it at all, so I think I was able to avoid the types of guilty feelings that some kids have. If you do decide to leave then it is best to do it when your child is young. I would want to speak with the woman and make sure that he is telling the truth about how long this was going on. If he is still lying then you cannot move forward. I cheated on my husband one time and we are still together trying to work things out. I don't know why he forgave me, we don't have any kids together yet, but it has been very difficult. He really let me know how much it hurt him and I am one hundred percent certain that I will never do that again. Your husband may realize that he made a mistake and be truly sorry, but it he has to start being honest about it.
Never stay in a relationship for the sake of children. They grow up and move away and what do you have left then? As to your question, yes I caught my husband cheating after 10 years of marriage. I forgave him for the sake of my children and because I truly loved him. Six years later he left me for another woman. Ask yourself if you can really forgive and forget and if you are willing for him to maybe do it again. If it happened once and they get away with it what's to stop them the next time. I would also be concerned with this 6 years knowing this woman. Can you be truly sure that it was only a couple of weeks?
It is possible, if he's willing to go to counselling, and work through the issues and totally leave the past behind and recommit to the marriage- but can he? and will he?, or is it until another woman who comes along and catches his attention.. You have an 18 month old together and need to put her first whatever happens. She will need to spend time with her dad to help her be a well balanced child, whether you split or stay together. At this time you need to surround yourself with family and friends and mothers from your mothers group/play group etc to help support you through this time, and if you decide to move on, you have a strong support network...take care.
Why would you want to stay with some one who disrespected you like that I don't care if you have ten children, He broke his marriage vows to you and to God. Your daughter is young, and she'll never know the difference, he can still see her. Once a cheater always a cheater. I've been there with two daughters. It was very hard but I lived through it and so can you. You'll never be able to trust him again.You'll always wonder where he is why is he late, is he with her? One week two weeks or two hours he still cheated on you. Get some back bone and leave. Believe me it will happen again.
my wife well at that time we were dating found me cheating on her it was a really hard time i loved her and im still in love with her after that we talked we past like 3 or 4 month really bad but i showed her that it was a mistake and that i really wanted to be with her 2 years later we got married and now we have almost 2 years married and we havent had any problems so far....so yes a man can change!!!
I forgave my husband when he cheated. BIG MISTAKE!! He did it again and again. I finally worked up the nerve to leave him.


I stayed because I was pregnant. And I didn't want to be a single mom.


Now I realize that you shouldn't stay with someone because of kids.


If in your heart you can forgive him..and trust him again. Then maybe it can work.


But if you can't do that, you shouldn't stick around.





Good Luck
it can be worked out again he just needs to earn his trust back the hard way..dont let him off easy either.. and the friend of 6 years would be history!
Time to hit the road
Why do you all find the excuse ';I stay for the child';?It's the fear of solitude .
listen to jimbo. for ur own good.

No comments:

Post a Comment