Tuesday, August 24, 2010

If I'll stop paying my credit bills will it affect my current job or my husband?

I have a part time job and I have alot of credit bills...All my paycheck goes to my bills.....Will it affect my current job or my husbands history? I'll just close my bank account so they wont get my money and just take cash from my job...Do you think its possible?If I'll stop paying my credit bills will it affect my current job or my husband?
They will come after you. Debt just doesn't disappear.If I'll stop paying my credit bills will it affect my current job or my husband?
I got to the point where you are and thought I'd just throw in the towel. I ended up going delinquent on my largest payment. After 2 months of missed payments as well as me calling the creditor endlessly, we were able to negotiate a 0% interest/lesser payment option. My credit is messed up as a result of not paying for two months, however I now am at 0% and have the chance of paying this off. If you just avoid it, it may be a temporary fix in your financial situation, but in the long run, it can and will hurt you.





If the cards are in your name alone and you don't pay, it won't hurt your husband's credit. If you do decide not to pay, it is good that you move your money to a different bank to avoid automatic drafts. Be prepared for endless calls to your home and letters to be sent to your home.





Not to frighten you further, but if/when you decide not to pay, creditors can go as far as garnishing your wages (taking a portion of your paycheck), or sending you to court where a judge mandates that you pay them all or a percentage of the payment.





I would do all I could to avoid ';not paying';. If you have no other choice however, I do understand.
First of All, don't listen to one of those ads that says Yea, I saved $5000.00 by hiring this company to get rid of my credit card debt.


What a scam, and the law should lock them up. If you can't pay your credit card debt, how in the world do they think you can pay them.


When you got a credit card application and you signed on the bottom line. You promised to pay them, and if you didn't the penalties were clearly stated on the form. I know you may have needed a magnifying glass to see them but they were there. The contract you signed was


in most probability a unsecured credit card. What that means is they can't take your home or your kids. But what they can do, is make your life miserable. Depending on the state, they can attach your pay check. They will ruin your credit. You won't be able to get a car, a house or anything on credit. If you close your current bank account, you won't even be able to open a new bank account. What I would Suggest is this.





1. call the credit card company and explain your situation.


2. See if they have counsels on staff.


3. Make sure you tell them ';you want to pay them';


4. See if they will take a reduced payment plan for a while.


5. Stop using the card


6. Ask if they will reduce the interest Rate for a 6 month period.


7. Pick up another couple days work and dedicate all that to paying the debt.





Try all that first, because you never know you may need credit next yer or the next.
HUH?! You just decided that you no longer have any obligation to pay for the things you bought? WOW! Why didn't we all think of that. Just DON'T PAY!!





You're kidding right?





You will ruin your credit and likely get sued. The amount due will go up and some day you will have to pay it.





This has nothing to do with your job. You made a promisr to pay, so pay. If you don't earn enought, then you need to find a better job of get an education. If you can't pay your bills, then reduce them. Get rid of theinternet, cable, cell phones, etc.





You can't just walk away from your obligations. If you are an adult you will have to act like one.
Will it affect your job? Most likely not. The only way I would see that happening is if you work in a job that requires security clearance or handling a large amount of money, and even then they would have to pull your credit report before they knew what was happening.





Will it affect your husband's credit? Absolutely not, unless he is a joint account holder on any of the debts.
If the account are joint/co-signed, they can come after your husband...otherwise no...


As to affecting your current job...probably not...unless you work at a bank and they require an excellent credit history.
  • costume mask
  • blackhead treatment
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment