Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My husband and I are wanting to buy a piece of land and build a small brick home?

on it. However, we have no idea how to go about it. What is a good price per square foot? What do i look up in the phone book to find someone who builds houses? What questions do i ask them? thanksMy husband and I are wanting to buy a piece of land and build a small brick home?
I would look at land prices around the area and see what they are. The price per sq. ft. depends largely ont he area. You could contact a realtor for that if you would like or do the footwork yourself. For a home builder ask friends, family and co-workers in the area who they used. Ask home owners in the area you want to build who they had.


Ask the builder how much he charges per sq. ft., that is the biggie. Referral I think is the best way and go to new open houses and see what you like and a builder might just stick out to you.My husband and I are wanting to buy a piece of land and build a small brick home?
To find a piece of land, you should contact a local Realtor who specializes in land transactions. Then, get in touch with couple of general contractors. They should give you an estimate of building cost. One thing to keep in mind is that land's zoning must allow residential homes, because some areas are limited to farm or industrial uses. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment