Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I'm a resident of Australia with a Polish passport. My husband only has an Aussie passport, can he work in UK?

We are both Aussie citizens and I have dual citizenship with Poland, but live in Australia. My hubby only has an Aussie passport though. I want to know if he is allowed to work in the UK, namely Ireland. Does he need a visa or special permit or can we just arrive and start working straight away?


Thanks!I'm a resident of Australia with a Polish passport. My husband only has an Aussie passport, can he work in UK?
Just an aside here but Ireland is not in the UK. Northern Ireland, along with the rest of Great Britain make up the UK. Southern Ireland is a republic in it's own right and has not been in the UK since the early 1920's. So basically what applies to the UK does not necessarily apply to Southern Ireland. (for one, they have the Euro, we don't)





I think that regardless of which part of Ireland you wish to go to, your husband would need a work permit.I'm a resident of Australia with a Polish passport. My husband only has an Aussie passport, can he work in UK?
yes
most countries need a work permit if you are not a citizen of that country. my fiance is from england and im from the united states and when i lived over there i was not able to work without a legal work visa. hope that answers your question
Might be similar to New Zealand. If your husband is a natural born Australian then he can get a slightly longer visa than if he was not part of a British sovereignty, but for a really valuable visa to work and live in the UK, I think he needs to have had his mother (?) directly emigrating to Australia from the UK. Something like that.
he has to get a working visa

No comments:

Post a Comment