Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How can I get my husband to stop letting our 9 year old watch Family Guy?

I've tried every argument imaginable and I don't think it is age appropriate but he says oh its just a cartoon....what can I DO?How can I get my husband to stop letting our 9 year old watch Family Guy?
Take your daughter into another room when it comes on and have some personal time with her. Play a game, color, do each other's hair/nails/etc. Just remove her from the situation.How can I get my husband to stop letting our 9 year old watch Family Guy?
I am so shocked that your husband thinks that it is ok. You need to tell him that not only is it not age appropriate, but also kids relate to cartoons more so your son is going to pick up the unappropriate things in the show a lot faster. There is a reason that this ';cartoon'; does not come on until 9 at night. Tell your husband that if he wants to watch it then he need to DVR it and watch it after your son goes to bed. Or just wait until your son starts making the jokes that are in the show and then show your husband the effect it is having on him. Good Luck with that.
No where near age appropriate, especially the last couple years. The old man is a pedophile, the daughter and mom prostitute them selves, stewie wants to kill the mom... And your son is old enough that he understands most of the references and inuendo.





I have no idea what to do. If he honestly dont think there is anything wrong with him seeing it. If you can just flat out set your foot down? Change the password on the tv and dont tell what it is?





I mean, yeah it is just a cartoon, but its not child appropriate. Ask him why he thinks the references in the show really are ok. Point out specifics, like the pld man being a pedophile. Or like the daughter being a prostitute. Go get a recent season on dvd and point out specific scenes if you have to. And see what he says when put on the spot about specific references and inuendo
Well he needs to listen to you. Perhaps it is time for a parenting talk. He needs to understand that he is exposing his child to things he/she might spread to his/her classmates and therefore get him/her in trouble in school.


Althougth I do believe a nine year old should be able to handle the show. You just dont have to explain the things they dont get. Most of the jokes are too over their heads anyway.


Perhaps when dad is watching family guy it is homework time!
Whats wrong with Family Guy? Dads tend to let their sons watch things a bit more mature. Its kind of like a bonding thing. Something we need to do together. Even if the mom doesn't like it. Its a guy thing. I am guilty of it. I also have sole custody of my kids and very involved with my kids. I would let my daughter watch it but she doesn't care for it. So I am not just some sexist.
put that parental lock thing on it... where YOU only know the password..then you have the power! and as much as i LOVE family guy... it is not very appropriate for a nine year old AT ALL!... though they mite not understand everything going on... its not the greatest influence.
Have the cable shut off or block that show with parental controls that only you have the password for. I don't think anyone needs to watch that show, especially not a 9 year old.
Whoa your husband is a dick... no offense but is he a Christian?? if he is tell him it is blaspemous if not i have nop advice
Have the cable turned off until he agrees to stop letting your 9 year old watch it.
Just be glad it isn't South Park! OMG. I know a guy that lets his FIVE YEAR-OLD watch that garbage.
hold out on sex until he stops letting your 9 year old watch it.
i agree with the first answer
If they laugh at the ';inappropriate'; jokes then have them do something else. Chances are that they don't understand it and it has no effect on them.





Also, not letting them watch something makes them want to watch it ten times more.
Everytime she watches it, Tell her not too, And then if she keeps doing it, Punish her.

No comments:

Post a Comment