Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How would you feel about sleeping in the same bed that your partner slept in with their ex wife/husband?

I just started to think about this...I'm ';sleeping'; in the same bed that my boyfriend slept in with his ex wife for years. Is this weird?How would you feel about sleeping in the same bed that your partner slept in with their ex wife/husband?
I wouldn't like it at all. I would need new sheets and a new mattress, bare minimum.How would you feel about sleeping in the same bed that your partner slept in with their ex wife/husband?
Who slept in the bed before me wouldn't matter unless they died and were left in for days. I'm not sure why you feel weird. You're a girlfriend not a wife. Why would there be a need to buy a new bed and why wouldn't you be the one to offer to buy the new bed, since you're the one with the problem?





If you guys were moving from one place to another together, then I'd fully see your point. But I don't even see how you vote counts at this point.
An ex girlfriend of a few months wouldn't be so horrible but an ex wife of years is beyond the line... just start saying you are having back problems every morning after you wake up and then one night just go sleep on the couch. The next morning tell him you guys should go look at new beds... IF you dont want to confront him about it.. If you don't mind confronting him... do so right away
It's a piece of furniture - Who cares? It's the relationship you have now that counts.





*I honestly don't understand some of these responses. How can you be perfectly OK with the fact that your partner had sex with someone else, but you harbor ill feelings about the inanimate object on which they did it??
For heaven's sake. It's just a bed. Would you also not drive in the same car? Walk down the same street? Watch the same TV?





It's just a thing. It doesn't have anything at all to do with the relationship between two people. Relax.
As a girlfriend, not too weird. If you marry him, get a new bed then,





Think about other guys you have been with, would you have them replace their bed just because they slept with other girls in it?





It's not cheap to replace good beds.
Think of it this way. How expensive is it to replace a bed set because you feel the bed has better memories of the past, than thinking how many new memories you can make on this bed in the future.
It happens. It happened with my new wife and ex-wife. When someone gets divorced or seperated, ';buy a new mattress'; really isn't on top of their to-do list.
Make sure you have new sheets! Not weird; frugal! I know 2 women who are second wives, living in the house their hubby picked out with his first wife.
Interesting question. I would not be happy doing that at all, infact, i really couldn't go anywhere near the bed let alone sleep in it. Demand a new bed!!!!
Just don't think about all the times they did it on the kitchen table, then.





Everyone has a past, honey. There's no sense rebuilding your life from scratch every time a relationship ends.
Based on how my husband's ex is, I'd want it disinfected thoroughly before I even touched it.
I'd have serious issue wit it.
Compared to the fact that he had sex with another the bed in nothing.
Nah, I think my wife banged a couple of guys in the bed that we sleep in before we were married.
I dont think I could do that.I would either go get a new bed or just quit thinking about it so much.cause if you really think about it who else has slept on that bed?
It would feel soo weird if I did that, I would want a whole new bed.
We got rid of the bed my husband had with his x!
no its not...get a new bed !
I wouldn't care I guess because I am a man. I would just ask if we could order a new bed if you don't like the situation.
I would demand a new bed! That's horrible! Good Luck = ]
I know what your saying my ex husband lets his girlfriend sleep in the bed we had if it were me i would buy a new one.
I can see how it would freak some people out. I would probably get a mattress pad and some new sheets, though.
It's just a damn bed.





Get over it.





Good Luck!
Buy a new bed, then. I wouldn't really care.
I would get a whole new bed. I wouldn't be able to sleep or do anything else in it.
It's just a bed.
very weird get a new bed.
OH - HELL no! No chance at all!! Everything must start fresh! That is just not right!
no its just a bed.
i could care less, its just a bed. Just get new sheets and spray that bt!ch down with lysol if it bothers you that bad

No comments:

Post a Comment