Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What would you do about a college female that likes your pastor, husband?

and keeps sending him nice messages like:


I hope you enjoyed New Year's Day and your first day of retirement. How exciting. I hope your trip to New Orleans was everything you wished it to be! The weather sounds nice. Coffee shop? That sounds nice. I love coffee shops especially Starbucks. Well, I hope your retirement goes well.


He's just been ignoring her.What would you do about a college female that likes your pastor, husband?
Obviously ignoring her isn't working! He needs to set a boundary with her and tell her that although it is nice that she wants to be friends, it is inappropriate for many reasons, mainly because he is a married pastor.





Question: Why does she have his number anyhow? If it is because she wanted support, as pastor's are expected to provide to their congregation, he should encourage another church member to contact her and 'take over'. Otherwise, I would say he is enjoying the attention too much. Also, how does she know where he went and when he went there if he didn't tell her himself? I would say he isn't taking enough credit for this situation. It doesn't sound like he's ignoring her very well if she knows everything he has been doing lately! Good luck!What would you do about a college female that likes your pastor, husband?
Well, if your husband is ignoring her as you say he is, I would simply do the same. It won't do any good to be jealous and get worked up about it if there is no apparent reason to become that way; it just puts a strain on your relationship with him.


However, if you really have a sincere feeling about this girl's intentions, then you should probably confront him (definitely in an adult-to-adult manner, accusing him right off the bat won't help). See what is really going on, and if you deeply suspect that something may be (or may be starting) to take place between them, confront the girl, in the same manner.


I know because I was in the same position as you a few months ago. I'm married to a pastor/missionary as well and we live in a college town. There was a girl I was concerned about who seemed to really have an interest in my husband. I talked it over with him and I concluded that he sincerely loved me and God and wouldn't do anything to put those relationships at risk. I had no need to confront the girl and I was able to eventually put my mind at rest knowing he was mine and mine only.

No comments:

Post a Comment