Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I want to buy my husband a decent set of golf clubs without spending more than $200, any suggestions?

He is just starting off, but I am convinced, he'll lose interest, so I really don't want to spend too much. I would love any ideas on decent sets in that price range.I want to buy my husband a decent set of golf clubs without spending more than $200, any suggestions?
Go to Costco I think they still sell the set by Jack Nicklaus it comes with everything he needs including the bag , I am almost sure it was around $200 , that is actually a Great Set for him to get started on , also you can try Ebay or a store called Play It Again Sports , they specifically sell used equipment.





Good Luck , He is a Lucky Guy !!!!I want to buy my husband a decent set of golf clubs without spending more than $200, any suggestions?
I Have not played since I was a Kid. Well except for Tiger Woods Golf on my computer. 04-08 seasons. I do have a couple of friends who do play golf and have read through some golf magazines. Golf equipment is varied based on the individual golfer. Size, Height, Weight, right or left handed. Based on your knowledge of your husband you are right not to spend very much money on his first set of clubs. I if I were you Google up Golf clubs on the Internet and post your question to a few manufactures. I am sure that some one will give you some good suggestions. I know this may come as a shock but some of these clubs can cost up to several hundred dollars each. Do not be detered by this I am sure that you will be able to find something in your price range. A full set of clubs numbers 14. 6 or 7 clubs may be enough to start with. Also there are a lot of clubs that are a lot less expensive. GOOD LUCK BOB
You are having to go with used clubs to stay in that price range. Go to your local golf shop and tell the people there what you want. They will show you whats available. Make sure that you are telling them he is just starting out, b/c you will want to get him a set of ';forgiving'; golf clubs. Look for these names: Adams, Callaway, Ping, King Cobra, Cleveland or Taylor made in a ';Beginners'; club and you will do good. It will not be a whole set (It will not have the driver, 3wood or putter. Those will cost extra, but he can find deals on that.





If you want to get everything, (Driver and woods) you might want to look at complete sets for sale through Golfsmiths web site. They have there own clubs, which are not as good as the major manufacuers, however are very good for the beginner. Go tho Golfsmith.com and check it out





BTW%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt; ';Good Wife';
Go to globalgolf.com they have new and used sets of irons and woods. If you would rather talk to someone in the know about these things, go to a large golf emporium (golfgalaxy, golfdom, etc.) that deals in used clubs as well as new. Talk to a sales rep there and they will point you in a much better direction.
My dad bought a good set at King Par, I don't know if that's a local chain or if it's nationwide, but he got an entire set brand-new for $150. I think it was on sale, but there'll probably be some good sales at any time.
I know this site has quite a few sets of used golf clubs for sale. You might want to check it out :)
You definitely won't find any brand new clubs that are decent without spending 500 or more. My suggestion is going to ebay or craigslist.
for a beginner, clubs are clubs.. go check out wal mart's.. but i would suggest looking on craigslist or ebay and getting him some used clubs in decent condition
There are no decent sets in that price range. Maybe e-bay. If you want a top tier set new, youre looking at at least $800 to $900.
Jack Nicklaus
Look for used equipment. New in that price range you won't find much.
no full sets for that much


They will have 2 be secondhand
craigslist





buy a used set

No comments:

Post a Comment