Sunday, August 22, 2010

Who do you tell first that you are pregnant, besides your husband?

I want to tell my parents first and wait until i am 3 months to tell his parents, is that alright?Who do you tell first that you are pregnant, besides your husband?
i think you should discuss it with your husband first, but the decision should be yours, to be honest i would rather tell my mum before my husbands mum because thats what im like, but it really is up to you, but be prepared for his parents to be upset if they find out your parents new first, as some parents in law can become jelous (like mine) good luck with whatever decision you make, and dont worry, enjoy your pregnancyWho do you tell first that you are pregnant, besides your husband?
this is what i would do:get mai parents and his all together for dinner n tell them at the same tym because its not gon be fair if they noe first...they have tha right to noe tha same tym your parents do

Report Abuse



i told my best friend and my husband first then once i hit about 3 1/2 months i told everyone else
I was at my best friend's house when I took the test with my third pregnancy (second child). When I told my husband he said, ';yeah, it was pretty obvious, honey. You didn't really need a test.';





As for when to tell who, it is you and your husband's experience, so as long as he's okay with waiting to tell his parents, then do whatever works. I told people in my close family right away once, and then had a miscarriage, but it was actually better that they knew, because I felt like I could talk about it to them. Good luck with everything, and enjoy your time, it will fly by!
Your parents both sets. Why do you want to tell your parents now and wait until your 3 months to tell his parents, you should tell both sets of parents at the same time not tell one know and the other later. Your mother-in law would probably notice before then anyway and then she would wonder why you didn't tell them. Please be fair and if you are going to tell your parents then you need to tell his parents now too.
My mum was with me when I did my test. Actually, I was only doing a test to make her feel better because she had to to one... thank goodness hers turned out to be menopause (she's in her 50's)! I told my (ex) husband that night, and he told his parents after I'd had my blood test to confirm. Everyone outside of immediate family was told after the first trimester.


It sounds like you are a bit hesitant to tell them, in which case, tell them after you're 3 months, and tell them you wanted to be sure everything was OK first.


Congrats and I hope all goes well! :)
My mom and sister were the first to know after my husband. They are the women I have bonded with my whole life and absolutely wanted to share the news with them. My husband's family found out right away also because my husband works with his grandfather. I didn't mind them knowing so soon. They are family and should want to celebrate the addition.
My mom!
I would say if you tell your parnets right away... he should get the opportunity to tell his parents as well... that is only fair... otherwise it could put a rift in their relationship... besides even if for some crazy reason it didn't progress, are you going to keep that info from them? be forward with both families.. not just yours...
I told my mom after my husband and my son, that was on December 17 and waited till after Christmas to tell my husbands family. My husband wanted to wait longer than that.
of course it is.after all they are your parents and i suppose you are close to them.or, you could only say it to your mother and she will keep the secret for you because i think a woman must have a very strong connection with her mother.
I told my sister. We are soo close.





I think it's fine that you want to wait until 3 months to tell his parents. I guess it also depends on how he feels about that. I mean, it IS his child, too. But if he doesn't mind, I'd say there's nothing wrong with that! Plus, I hear alot of woman wait 3 months to be sure miscarriage is less likely. I still haven't told some of my good friends, I'm 7 weeks. I will wait a couple more weeks after my first Doc appointment so I know everything's OK.
why do his parents have to wait and yours do not? aren't his parents as important in the life of your child as your own?





the big problem with telling people you are pregnant is the possibility that you will miscarry and have to tell them you are not pregnant any more.
I think that is alright as long as your husband doesnt care!?! I would tell my husband and then my close friend. When I show everyone else will know.
Your doctor !!!!!!!!!!
Well I had to keep telling myself!!!! I told my brother and sister-in-law and my husband told his parents. Unfortunately both my parents have passed away.
tell everybody I wouldn't be afraid of anything happening if I tell to early because GOD is good and he answers prayers
Why are you waiting to tell his parents? I think you should tell your parents and then immediately after you tell your parents, tell his parents, it's only fair
I told both my parents and his right away. But you know your baby your descion on when to tell. And really there is nothing wrong with that. So many people dont tell till after 3 mos cause that is when the danger window for miscareges is about as shut as it can be. Just make sure your hubby agrees with you and if it is important to him to tell his parents right away do it what is the harm it is his baby too and he is excited. (hopefully)
well if you are going to tell your parents i suggest you tell his parents as well. They are going to be grandparents as well! Congrats!
parents
If you see them both alot you better tell them both!!!
I'd tell my Parents. Is there a reason you don't want to tell his parents? How does your husband feel about waiting until then?
I first told my mother, I would think that It would be fair to tell his parents also, unless there are problems with him and his parents and he wants to wait.
my mom then my best friend
I would tell my husband or boyfriend first and wait about 3 months to tell anybody else, because if you miscarry it will be harder on everyone if everyone knew you were pregnant...
Your mother
the second person your closest too
its your choice so it doesnt matter
My mother and then the world.
my mom
I don't think it's fair not to share it with both grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment