Sunday, August 22, 2010

What is a good cleaner for a glass top surface oven? and what will get the burn on off...my husband tends to?

boil stuff over frequently...What is a good cleaner for a glass top surface oven? and what will get the burn on off...my husband tends to?
I typically use white vinegar. It cleans, degreases and gives glass a great shine. Plus it is a great natural cleaning alternative. Spray it on and let it sit for a few minutes. Then wipe it off with a towel or cloth. For tough boil over area, you can use baking soda or borax--they work as mild abrasives without scratching the surface.What is a good cleaner for a glass top surface oven? and what will get the burn on off...my husband tends to?
The other posters had great suggestions of what to use for regular cleaning. For the burnt on stuff, I use a razor blade that came with my cooktop. I run it over any spills that don't clean up easily. It scrapes the burnt on stuff off quickly, then I follow with whatever cleaner I have on hand to clean anything left on the surface. This has worked for everything that has spilled over so far. Just angle the blade and scrape away.
These are home made products that I love to use, that work mostly for anything to clean around the house...They work really great, and sometimes they work better than bought products, they also save you money...





1. Baking soda: Acts as a scrub to remove hard water stains; polishes metal; deodorizes pretty much anything it touches (try stashing some in the fridge).





2. Borax: Mixed with three parts water, it makes a paste for cleaning carpet stains; mixed with 录 part lemon juice, it cleans stainless steel and porcelain.





3. Lemon: Deodorizes and cuts grease on counter tops; rubbed on cutting boards, it bleaches stains and disinfects; combined with baking soda, it removes stains from plastic food storage containers.





4. Salt: Another natural scrubber鈥攕prinkle it on cookware or oven surfaces, then rub; add citrus juice to turn it into an effective rust remover.





5. White vinegar: Deodorizes and disinfects; combine with water to clean windows, mirrors, and floors; use at full strength in a spray bottle to fight mold and mildew.





6. Olive Oil: Mix two parts oil with one part lemon juice and use as a natural wood polish.





Good luck...
I use a product called ceramabrite %26amp; a small razor blade style paint scraper on my ceramic/glass top stove.
I love to that Mr. Clean eraser. It removes that and everything else off of my glass cook top.

No comments:

Post a Comment