Sunday, August 22, 2010

What's better? My husband and I are trying to conceive and I have heard different opinions.?

I have heard two different thoughts about trying to conceive...which one is true? I have heard that you have better odds having sex everyday during the days before ovulation as well as on the day you ovulate, but I have also heard that it is best to have sex every other day because his sperm count will be drastically reduced. What's better? I have no reason to believe that my husband's sperm count is low to begin with. Thanks =)What's better? My husband and I are trying to conceive and I have heard different opinions.?
its both which ever you prefer...each ejaculation has about a million spermies and sex once a day wont change that. Many doctors tell you to have sex everyday if you have enough stamina...and to increase your chances have sex every other day after your period ends and then once its about 3-5 days before your ovulation have sex everday til 1 or 2 days after if you guys dont have enough stamina every other day works fine too... one thing to always remember when TTC is to have fun many couples make sex a chore when TTC sex should never be a chore its supposed to be fun. me and my hubby tried for 4 monthes then we decided we werent really ready and stopped ';trying'; (still didnt use protection) now i think we're pregnant. (currently a day and a half late for AF (aunt flow) wasnt really expecting it to happen tho.What's better? My husband and I are trying to conceive and I have heard different opinions.?
A lot of it depends on if you know your system or are willing to spend the money on test kits so you know when you ovulate. For the first method you really need to know when you ovulate because if you are off by too much you will miss the window for conception. I personally like to have sex every two or three days. That way I know I will not miss the conception window. Sperm will live in a woman's body for 3 - 5 days(I think) so sex every 2 - 3 days should keep the sperm count up in the body so when ovulation happens the sperm is there ready to fertilize it.





That was what I did when I conceived my first. I'm now TTC #2
having sex on a regular basis (every three days) will help your chances. when people begin to TRY to get pregnant, you are not so much enjoying the sex as you are more so beginning to think of it as a job, therefore your chances of conceiving are lower. Have sex for the bond of love the two of you share, do not have sex to conceive.





hope this helps.
Sorry to go out of topic but hmm... well, few weeks back when I was having my hair done at the saloon, I was reading the babyTalk (from the U.S) magazine.


They wrote a review and recommended this website to TTC (trying to conceive) ladies.





They will teach you on eliminating fertility issues even if you're:


late 30s or 40's


have endometriosis


have tubal obstruction


have ovarian cysts or ';lazy ovaries';


without resorting to IVF or IUI procedures or drugs like clomid, fertilid, preseed





Here's the link that you're interested:


http://PregnantMiracle.goshrink.com
when you are TTC, the frequency should be more...I would say alternative days insead of every other day. Every woman has a fertil period of atleast 2 weeks. I would suggest you Bd atleast 9-10 days during the time. But remember whenever uyou do it, do it without any stress. Some couples esp. the males feel that they are baby dispensing machines if done everyday. TTC should be fun not a routine. Gudluc to u
First of all, since i know my cycle, its about 32 days and half of 32 is 16...cuz they say 2 wks after ur period, so i started on day 10,11,skipped 12,sex on 13,skipped 14, sex 15 16...thats what i did..and im now preggers,.....by the way...


i started ttc in january of this year, i went out and bought ovulation kits,sperm friendly lubes,nothing! 2 Months straight! always got my period,i was soo bummed!!! 3rd month i used non of that but still failed..and 4th i got a hugeeee surprise!! 2 days before my 24th birthday i found out i am pregnanttt.....good luck
I'm going to say every other day because we ttc for 7 months and this last month we BD about every other day during the fertile days instead of every day or almost every day and I got a BFP this time.
My husband and I had sex every day 4-5 times a day for 2 weeks lol but we only had 2 weeks before he was deployed to afghanistan so...but we did get pregnant during that time.
Huh... Interesting question. I have heard those as well and I really dont know which is true. Got me thinking though :D
my ob/gyn told me every other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment