Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What would you do if you discovered your sister's boyfriend/husband was beating her?

If your sister was being victimized in a physically abusive relationship, would you intervene? What would you do?





This happned to a friend's sister, and he caught up with and beat the guy into a coma...What would you do if you discovered your sister's boyfriend/husband was beating her?
You should always report abuse to someone that can help like a local organization for women even if this person tells you not to.What would you do if you discovered your sister's boyfriend/husband was beating her?
i would try to talk to her. she might not be very happy or want to discuss it with you/me
In this case, violence begets violence. While I understand the hurt and the outrage, it did not fix the problem, only made it worse.





Offering to help the victim is a relatively peaceful action. Sometimes the victim is not willing to leave the situation. Just stand by them and be there to pick up the pieces.
My gut feeling and instinct would be to defend my sister and beat the crap out of the guy... HOWEVER, that is not the right way to go about this sort of situation.





Your sister needs to get out and get out fast. The husband does however, need to know that she has family backing her and that if he lays a finger on her again things will get ugly.





If it was me personally I'd confront him without getting physical and after the first warning, if he laid a finger on her I'd probably beat him silly.
I believe if you know about it and do nothing, then you are just as guilty for letting it continue to happen. No one deserves to be abused, whether you are married to that person, dating, or if you are a child.
its not good to get involved. get legal involvement , you get involved you go to jail , i go to the park, i see a girl and guy fighting , a guy comes to save her ., she starts hitting him , her bf starts hitting him, 2 a pair 3 a crowd,
I gues that is one way to handle the situation. Me, I would


have talked the sister into leaving the bum and pressing charges.
Call the cops.
I would probably beat him aswell. Or maybe call the police...


If I beat him, I wouldn't go that far so he went into a coma though.
I'd call the cops and get her the hell out.
man ill get all mi uncles on that fool and get her the heck out of there ur freinds sister brother did the right thing best of luck m360
id call the cops and if i had sister i wld call all my male family members 2 F*** HIM UP!!!! im very protective i dont have any siblings but i have little cousins n if that happened to them i wld FIGHT the boy myself
This is a really tough situation.


The decision to leave the relationship has to be hers.


The best thing you can do is to give her information on domestic violence and her alternatives, and to make sure she knows she has your love (always).


The only time you can call the cops is if you are there when the violence is occurring.


Do NOT take matters into your own hands regarding the abuser. You'll end up in jail.
I would do absolutely nothing, Nothing at all and I am a Jim Hardy, Sometimes it takes something like this to show the woman what a mess she has got herself into. But if he done it in front of me then I would put him down for a long long time because I would think that he is taking me for a c.nt
I'm very protective of my family. I'd probably beat him up, and then tell him to never come around her again.
If you know for sure that he is beating her, then... I'd say get the police involved. You should do something before it goes too far. I would if it were me...
I would advice my sister to go to the GP to talk. I would also advice counselling for both my sister and her boyfriend.





The boyfriend can be offered help such as anger management classes etc.


If the boyfriend does not accept help for his problem tell the police.





If my sister was very unhappy, it will be best to leave her partner.
I would absolutely intervene!





Take the sister from the home while the husband is away, then call the cops.





While it is tempting to seek revenge, don't stoop to their level. Just let them rot in a jail cell! Someone of their caliber certainly aren't worth getting yourself in trouble over.
So now your friend is going to face assault charges, that means not only did your friend's sister's husband /boyfriend attacked her and she has to live with that pain but she has to live with the pain of knowing her brother is going to go to prison as well. If it were me, I would advise her to get out of the relationship, I would let her know that I would be going to the authorities with what I knew and I would advise her to press charges when the police came to arrest him,I would let her know that I was behind her all the way and would help her as best I could I would in no way get physical with this guy because of the fact that he CAN and probably will turn the tables on me and I'd wind up in jail leaving my sister once again vulnerable while he walked away only to beat her up some more.
Id beat the uck out of the son of a itch in my head but get help in reality because getting a guy to go to jail for years is better than having him live free...just make sure to get prof





My mother was beaten by the man we were living with and after we finally got out of there...she was scared and hasn't dated since....that was 9 or 10 years ago.
Yes, I would have to intervene because if he killed her then I would be as guilty as he would because I knew about it beforehand and didn't do anything to stop it. She needs to get out of that relationship and find someone that will truly love her, because its evident he doesn't

No comments:

Post a Comment