Sunday, August 22, 2010

Is it protocol that husband buy wife anniversary gift or does wife too?

My husband insists it is a two way street.Is it protocol that husband buy wife anniversary gift or does wife too?
Your best and priceless,anniversary gift to each other would be to renew your vows.Is it protocol that husband buy wife anniversary gift or does wife too?
no

Report Abuse



Ya man , totally protocol . The husband should always get her a gift no matter what . I don't believe that the wife should have to give a gift as well. i would be appreciating the time i have been with her by getting her a gift , but i would be a little hurt if she didn't remember it , as long as she accknlowledged the anniversary I would be happy , but in no way do i think that the wife should HAVE to buy a gift for the husband as well
Why would anyone think the husband ';owes'; the wife a gift and she doesn't ';owe'; him a gift back?





It is customary to exchange gifts, not for the husband to shower his wife with gifts as though he should be thankful she's still with him.





My husband doesn't like gifts. I do. He grudgingly accepts what I give him and grudgingly buys one for me. LOL, I think I'm the only one that enjoys the charade.
its a 2way street, but gifts,surprises, sweet things should bedone anyway so when ';special'; occasions arrive, there wont be pressure. my husband and i agreed not to buy gifts on anniversaries, christmas, no holidays. we buy each other stuff throughout the year and spend time on the holidays and specials occasions.. its more genuine like that. special occasions and holidays are moreso obligatory gifts than ';from the heart, i love u gifts';.. but anyhow since u all do the gift thing, outta the kindness of ur heart it should be 2way
My wife looks at anniversary presents for me in two ways. First of all its a bribe to stay with her for another year and (B) its an ';attaboy'; for dealing with her for the previous year.
You know, you dont HAVE to do anything. But the gesture is always really sweet. Especially if its not expected. I would buy him something small and thoughtful, to show him that your thinking about him after all of these years.
I think it should be a two way street also. Think about it, it a celebration of BOTH of you being together for a long time.
Ya'll should buy for each other or buy a something nice that both would benefit from.
wife does all the buying..husband does all the drinking
nothing is protocol but it would be sweet if you bought him one as well and i'm sure he'd appreciate it
wife does too if you want one from him. For God's sakes what makes you so special?
two way street.

No comments:

Post a Comment