Friday, August 20, 2010

I am currently pregnant in the state of Texas and my husband has accepted paternity. Can he divorce me?

My husband has already retained an attorney. The attorney has already filed paperwork with the court and myb husband has said to me that his attorney has told him that now that the paperwork has been filed I will be getting a subpoena and served to go to court. I am not in agreement to this divorce. Can they make me go to court even though I am pregnant and texas law does not allow a divorce while pregnant?I am currently pregnant in the state of Texas and my husband has accepted paternity. Can he divorce me?
If it's Texas law then you'll probably have to appear, but the judge will probably postpone it due to your pregnancy.I am currently pregnant in the state of Texas and my husband has accepted paternity. Can he divorce me?
Honey, being pregant is not a reason he can't divorce you. But, he WILL be required to pay child support. Put his name on that birth certificate and file for sole custody of the child and financial support. I am very sorry you got pregant by this jerk.
They can make you go to court and get the process started
Well Janet I think it would be in your best interest to ask a lawyer.In Texas.
i'm Louisiana, how can i give you an answer? talk to your lawyer, that's what they are for!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment