Sunday, August 22, 2010

Should I bring my husband to my first OB appointment?

I have my first OB appointment next week. I will only be 6 wks. Should I bring my husband or wait for the 10 wk appiontment with the ultrasound?Should I bring my husband to my first OB appointment?
I don't think so. My first appointment @ 6weeks was just a pap, they drew blood, gave me a bag full of baby stuff and sent me on my way. It wasn't exciting lol so I dnt think its neccesary to bring hubby along. Unless he's really eager to go.Should I bring my husband to my first OB appointment?
i would definitely suggest it! you dont have to but it would be really nice and also put it into prespective there is a baby growing inside you. my hubby loves going and i no woman who bring theirs to every apt





the first one is great because you can expirence it together seeing the heart beat for the first time!





do it!





my first ob apt i saw my baby and her heart beat it was amazing and it made us closer together after that- made him even more excited - its nice not to be alone


i measured in at 8 weeks my first apt.
This is totally up to you, and how comfortable you feel. You might want to though for medical history, they need it for both parents. The first prenatal visit they will verify pregnancy with a urine test and do a pap smear, and also have you give blood to run lab work.
My husband went to all of my appointments. If it is a situation were your husband can only go to a few of your appointments I would def. wait for the ultrasound. He should not miss that one because it is so special and you can ask your Dr. to print out a pic.
I don't think I'm going to bring my husband with me to mine, I'm four weeks pregnant. the first visit will just be a physical and stuff. not very entertaining for him. he doesn't need to be there. but if he wants to go, let him.





good luck!
Sure,won't hurt a thing. My husband wanted to come to all of my appointments,so we worked them around his work schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment